Ensure pellets are properly disposed of to avoid contaminating the environment.
- Store waste pellets in properly labeled containers.
- Do not permit loose pellets to accumulate on the ground or floors.
- Install a minimum of one pellet-specific waste container in each pellet-handling area.
- Routinely check that there is adequate waste storage capacity.
- Use separate containers for recyclable and non-recyclable pellets.
- Use only covered containers or vehicles without leaks.
- Inspect and confirm proper handling and storage procedures if an outside vendor is used for waste removal.
- Stress the need for "no loss to the environment" procedures.
- Preferred disposal methods are:
- Recycle or resell waste pellets.
- Approved incineration of waste pellets in properly licensed and operated incinerators.
- Deposit in a controlled landfill only after confining pellets in such a manner that prevents their loss due to rain, wind, flooding, etc.
- Consider using waste pellets in a fuel-blending program.
- Include pellet retention capabilities and practices in criteria for selecting waste disposal companies.
» PDF Version: Operation Clean Sweep Program Manual
Procedures | Pellet Transport and Packaging | Spills and Packaging | Other Transport Vehicle Concerns | Marine Transport | Waste Recycling and Disposal | Plastic Dust to Powder